Wednesday 20 June 2012

Laura Sheehan in Jenny Packham's Elizabeth


Some dresses are epoch defining. Some dresses have star quality. Some dresses have the power to make brides travel.

Jenny Packham's Elizabeth is such a dress. Only just discontinued, this dress was one of the first 'grecian' and 'floaty' styles to change brides' perception of the silhouette of a wedding gown. Referencing the past but not costume, deceptively simple and uber flattering to the neat of bust, Elizabeth inspired many homage dresses from lesser labels. As with all design classics this is bound to happen, but if you invest the original you have a beautiful heirloom collector's item destined to be future vintage.
Laura's story of dress discovery has her travelling trans-Atlantic for British icon-


"I was in your store last August with my mother and the aunt of the groom looking for a bridal gown.  I am from the California, but my husband is English and so I was staying in Haslemere for the summer.  I had spent some time looking for gowns in the US, but wasn't able to find ANYTHING like what your shop had to offer.  I fell in love with a Jenny Packham gown and made the trip back over the pond in December to do my final fitting."














A final thank you from Laura...

"My husband and I were married on April 6th in San Diego, CA on a beautiful sunny day. I received so many compliments on my dress and head piece- everyone commented they had never seen anything like it. Thank you SO much for all of your help.

I've attached some pictures, as promised. Enjoy!
Thank you again,"

Laura Burrin (previously Sheehan)


(Footnote to Juliet McKee - I have asked for the photographer's name!!!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...