Thursday 8 March 2012

Shed to Wed Wedding Diet Thursday

I am going to have to give an 'unofficial' weight today as I missed Weight Watchers due to a pressing engagement at The Savoy. Some rather marvellous wedding planners by the name of Temple Gregory invited me to a party to launch their new website. 6.30 - 9.30 cocktails and canapes - not strictly diet food but rude not to. Once the first few glasses of champagne had gone down I was virtually stalking the waiters with trays of canapes although I did hold myself back from the 'sweet buffet'. Of course the plan for a sensible and timely exit was abandoned when free passes for Movida night club were being handed out and I found myself in a taxi full of young'uns swigging drink from a bottle.

The rather lovely husband and wife team of Helen and Dom from Cutture  also followed on to the night club and they eventually whisked me home to Surrey as we are fairly close neighbours. I fear a kebab hunt would have ensued had they not. This did not prevent my whipping up a black pudding omlette on arrival at home. Last night it was amazing - I don't think I will be sharing the recipe...

Follow the link to the colouring page - if anyone does it and sends it to me I will publish, choose a winner and donate a sparkly prize of lovliness

Starting Stats
Bust 47"
Waist 40"
Hips 43"
Weighing in at 13 stone 6lbs

 
Week 6 Stats
Bust  441/2"
Waist 361/4
Hips 411/4
Weighing in at 12 stone 9 or 10 unofficial and a day late! (I have lost 2 or 3lbs)

Training has been sporadic this week due to a hangover on Sunday and another today. Can you now see where this weight may have come from? I did show proper grit by training at 7am on Monday morning and 7.30 Tuesday evening after a day of no food, no break at work, no staff and not so much as a coffee. I cancelled this evening's training in favour of a morning session as I think my characteristics today have been dehydration, tiredness and the zest of a sloth. I feel bad for the genial Geoff if I'm not up for some hard work and effort.

What a difference a couple of weeks and a couple of pounds makes to your self esteem. Last night I fitted easily into a red frock that hasn't been able to be done up since last July. It's a size 16. I am far from skinny or at an ideal weight. The boost to my confidence is enormous though. New hair cut, boobs ahoy and some lovely compliments meant I felt great.

See what I mean - I'm like a chick magnet now....

2 comments:

  1. I think you also owe a debt of gratitude to the bar man who refused to sell you a bottle of wine. I realise that was more to do with the free bar situation, put thing how many calorie points you saved by having a glass instead of a bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...