Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bush Telegraph

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Ok so this is the kind of quasi-intellectual conversation and debate fuelled by too much booze and a diminishing intellect. One of the frequently and reasonably coherant come-backs is

If there are no ears to hear, there will be no sound"

meaning without an interpretive mechanism all you have are vibrations.


Picture from Cosmobells


Again this morning I feel like Ronnie Corbett in a golf jumper, on a 70's chair with a raconteur style-"And the producer said... Ronnie, he said..." circuitous introduction to today's point.

The point being however good my New York event is on the night, in the age of blogs and social media the event would fall on deaf ears, or indeed sightless eyes, if there was no one to record it.

The blog, anyone's blog, is like a Very Hungry Catepillar - it won't stop consuming images - it really wants to be a butterfly.

http://trevorcairney.blogspot.com/2009/03/very-hungry-caterpillar-turns-40.html

The official feeder of  The Very Hungry Caterpillar is Juliet McKee . Juliet has acquiesced to working with me again - although I actually don't remember asking her if she was available or if it was convenient. I am a fan of the 'assumptive close.' Juliet has been tasked to provide images, not only the catwalk show,  but also to scrutinise every styling detail. every glamourous 'off camera 'backstage moment and even produce a styled shoot during the afternoon.

Juliet and I worked together back in September on a shoot and it has been a great success in terms of the images it produced and the reach of it's content. However the decision work with Juliet again goes beyond her excellent and inspired photography - there are many amazing photographers I am dying to work with.

The two overriding factors are efficiency and that we have argued, then kissed and made up - figuratively speaking. I know that I will get my images promptly - while the story is relevant. I know that the images won't be leaked or sneak previewed before I have seen them. I know that if we disagree - we will,  in the words of Brian Clough,  "talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right." ;)






All photographs of the Good Day Sunshine shoot by Juliet McKee  see more of it on Rock My Wedding http://www.rockmywedding.co.uk/its-friday-and-its-all-getting-a-bit-fruity/

Supplier Checklist for Postcard From New York Event
Venue Miss Bush Bridalwear
Dresses JLM Couture at Miss Bush Bridalwear
Event Planner Lisa Baker at Just Bespoke
DJ Matt Maurice
Photographer Juliet McKee

3 comments:

  1. VERY good choice, Emma. Juliet is OSSOM. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for struggling with the Beast of Blogger to comment! Feisty and fabulous she is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!


    Bridal Wear UK

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...