Sunday 19 February 2012

Bush Telegraph

This week invitations for the Miss Bush and JLM Couture fashion show and cocktail party will go out. For all brides to be that have yet to find 'the one', fancy some very chic bridesmaids dresses or are simply gathering inspiration - this could be the event fo you. The date for you diary is Friday March 23rd - 6pm - 9pm and places are limited so email me emma@missbushbridalwear.co.uk and I will send you an invite pronto!

JLM are a really well established New York label that went under my radar before my bridesmaids boutique opened on the first floor of Miss Bush HQ. I often hear brides and their friends talking about 'wear-again' potential of bridemaids dresses. Is this likely? Well have a sneak preview of the Noir by Lazaro and the Alvina Valenta bridesmaids dresses and I think, yes, it is likely that they could become very useful LBD wardrobe staples.

New Season Noir by Lazaro
New Season Alvina Valenta
The JLM Couture fashion house also houses wedding dress treasures too - one of my most anticipated frocks is from the Tara Keely collection. I have loved the idea of a little mini dress with a big overskirt ever since I saw Monique Lhuillier's dress for Ayda Field - wife of Robbe Williams.

New Season Tara Keely
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/201008103983/robbie-williams/ayda-field/hello-wedding-exclusive/



With the fashion show in  mind I met two contributors that are going to make the event an absolute treat for brides to be.

First was Matt Maurice and his partner Lotte from Matt Mauice Event Music http://www.mattmaurice.co.uk/ . Matt is the event DJ of choice for some of the countries brightest and best wedding and event planners. Although he has a team of DJs I am very fortunate that my event is early evening and in 'low season' for weddings otherwise I would never have tracked down the man himself! (Word to the wise - like photographers - there is only one Matt - so book without hesitation!)

Secondly was the wonderful Liz from Stressfree Hire http://www.stressfreehire.com/ . The only problem I think I'll encounter is wanting everything they do! If you attend on the 23rd don't be surprised if there is some wow factor - I'm itching to share the plans - but I can't spoil the surprises!
Take a look at the kind of work they do -

Colourwash lights, magnificent candelabras - oh yes please!
I also have a meeting arranged on Wednesday with Lisa Baker from Just Bespoke Wedding Planners http://www.just-bespoke.com/ . Lisa has come highly recommended from lots of sources - Janet Mohapi Banks, Cherrytopped and Cutture
high praise in deed! Lisa is going to event plan the cocktail party and fashion show on the 23rd March. I can't wait to see her, a UKAWP pro, in action. I am expecting lists, spreadsheets, guest management, supplier coordination all wrapped up in a very stylish manner - no pressure then! My aim is not to act like a Russian oligarch - flying in forests of flowers to meet my extravagent tastes. Using an event planner should free me up to do what I do best - obssess over the dresses.

Finally a few more dress sneak peeks - I was supposed to see my Jesus Peiro agent last week - but traffic chaos prevented it. What I do have, however,  is some jpegs of some of my favourite Spanish label's 2013 collection. Want to see? Yes I thought you would. I am still deciding which dresses to order - in light of the fact I can't have them all! Feedback would be marvellous - especially if you are a fan of uber minimalist lines. These are a  few that stood out to me...

Jesus Peiro Style 3000

Jesus Peiro Style 3001

Jesus Peiro Style 3008


Jesus Peiro Style 3012

Jesus Peiro Style 3017


It's going to be a beautiful week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...